Of course, we know these aren’t steaks. They are, however, worthy of center stage on your plate.
Don’t like cabbage? Get over it and try this anyway. You’ll be glad you did. Unless you’re just plain crazy, which is totally out of our control.Print
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cabbage Steaks
- 1 small head of red or green cabbage, cut into 1” thick slices (you’ll get 3 good slices out of a small cabbage. Use what’s left in a stir-fry, slaw, etc.
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp ghee, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast.
- Insert toothpicks in cabbage slices to hold down any loose outer layers.
- Lightly brush both sides of each cabbage slice with ghee (reserve any leftover ghee). Place slices on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle half the seasoning mixture on the cabbage slices, flip and repeat.
- Roast on middle rack in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip the cabbage slices. Brush tops generously with any remaining ghee, then sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Roast another 20 minutes or until the edges are browned and crispy, and parmesan begins to brown.
- Carefully remove toothpicks, plate, and serve immediately.
Keywords: red cabbage, roasted parmesan cabbage, parmesan cheese, keto, low-carb, grian-free, gluten-free, budget meals, quick dinner
This is gorgeous on a plate and delicious when served immediately but turns to a soggy mush when reheated. So, stop protesting cabbage and get it while it’s hot.