Instant Pot Garden Marinara Sauce
- 2 14.5-oz cans petite diced tomatoes (with liquid), no salt or sugar added
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 of a small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, quartered and chopped
- 8–10 cremini (baby bella) mushroom caps, chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (any colors)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste after cooking
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil for inner pot
- Set up your Instant Pot and spritz the bottom of the inner pot with oil to prevent sticking.
- Prep vegetables and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor (we use an inexpensive Ninja pitcher), combine one can of the tomatoes (with liquid), 1/3 cup water, onions, red wine vinegar, monk fruit sweetener, and spices. Pulse until pureed. Add the second can of tomatoes and the chopped veggies. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Pour into prepared inner pot, lock the lid on your Instant Pot and make sure the steam release handle is on “sealing”.
- Set the cook time to 10 minutes, and pressure to high. After cooking cycle has completed, wait for natural release. When the float valve drops, open and serve, or allow to cool for portioning and freezing. Note: cook time does not include preheating and venting.
Keywords: vegan, vegetable marinara, garden marinara, pasta sauce, instant pot