No-soak Instant Pot pinto beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp of salt, reserved
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups water
- Sort dried beans, rinse thoroughly and place in a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Set up Instant Pot and add oil, spices, and water to the pot. Do not add salt until the beans have finished cooking.
- Drain beans and rinse a second time, then add to Instant Pot.
- Set to 25 minutes on high pressure and allow to vent naturally (this will take up to 40 minutes in addition to preheat and cook time).
- When venting is complete, add salt. Season further, to taste, if desired.
- Store beans with liquid in refrigerator for several days or freeze for several months.
- Note: This is a no-soak Instant Pot recipe. We don’t have suggestions for cook times on soaked beans for this particular recipe.
Keywords: Instant Pot, no-soak beans, pinto beans