This five-minute guacamole doesn’t have to get all dolled up to have a good time, but it’s a perfect base if you like to get all fancy. You do you, man.Print
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and deseeded
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- Salt to taste
- If using a molcajete, add the finely chopped onions and smash with the tejolote. If not, smash the chopped onions with the back of a fork on the cutting board before adding to a mixing bowl.
- Next, scoop the flesh from the avocado and add to the onions along with the juice from half a lime.
- Smash the avocado to desired consistency, incorporating all ingredients. Don’t be afraid to keep it chunky.
- Add salt to taste. If needed, cut a wedge from the remaining half lime and slowly add more juice, to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Keywords: guacamole, Mexican, avocado, vegan, paleo, keto, grain-free, gluten-free, dips, sides