This five-minute guacamole doesn’t have to get all dolled up to have a good time, but it’s a perfect base if you like to get all fancy. You do you, man.Print
Simple Guacamole: keep it real or dress it up.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and deseeded
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- Salt to taste
- If using a molcajete, add the finely chopped onions and smash with the tejolote. If not, smash the chopped onions with the back of a fork on the cutting board before adding to a mixing bowl.
- Next, scoop the flesh from the avocado and add to the onions along with the juice from half a lime.
- Smash the avocado to desired consistency, incorporating all ingredients. Don’t be afraid to keep it chunky.
- Add salt to taste. If needed, cut a wedge from the remaining half lime and slowly add more juice, to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 61.3, Fat: 5.3g, Saturated Fat: .7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 39.3mg, Potassium: 188.6mg Carbohydrates: 4g total/1.6g net, Fiber: 2.4g, Sugar: .4g, Protein: .8, Vitamin A: 1%, Vitamin C: 8.3%, Calcium: .5%, Iron: 1.2% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: GUACAMOLE, AVOCADO, VEGAN, PALEO, KETO, VEGETARIAN, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, DIPS, SIDES, LOW CARB