Satisfy your sweet and crunchy cravings in one fell swoop. Built in portion control and no frying. What’s not to like?
Still skeptical? We are not banana fans at all, but we love these chips. If you’re willing to invest half an hour and a single banana, we believe you’ll be glad you did. If not, enjoy your sugar bomb, greasy bag of chips, and self-loathing.Print
Sweet and crunchy green banana chips that will knock out your cravings and keep you on track.
- 1 green banana (the greener the better)
- Avocado or extra-virgin olive oil in a spray bottle or up to 2 tsp
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener
Doing the Prep
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with a rack placed at the top level. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place a paper towel on a cooling rack or plate. Set aside.
- Combine cinnamon and monk fruit sweetener in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the banana into thin circles (if you’re more coordinated than us, use a mandolin slicer). The key is to cut the slices as uniformly as possible, so they bake evenly.
Spray Oil Method
- Transfer the banana slices directly to the sheet, then spritz with oil and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
- Gently flip the slices and repeat. Tip: You can use any small spray bottle as an oil spritzer. Pick some up for under a buck in the travel size aisle, then wash and dry thoroughly before filling. Using small bottles ensures you’re always using fresh oil.
- Place the slices in a bowl and add a tsp of oil. Toss to coat and add more oil if necessary.
- Add cinnamon mixture and toss again, then transfer to baking sheet.
Baking and Serving
- Bake the banana slices for 15-20 minutes (longer for thicker slices). Flip after 7-8 minutes, and on thinner slices check after 15. The slices should be a rich brown around the edges, but not too dark. Burnt banana chips are gross.
- If your slices are not uniform, you may need to transfer some of the thinner slices to the cooling rack or plate and return the rest to the oven.
- When all the chips are fully cooked, transfer to the cooling rack for a few minutes. Best served warm. Dust with an additional batch of cinnamon mixture, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 banana
Keywords: banana chips, crunchy, sweet, lectin-free, gluten-free, grain-free, baked, low-fat