Let’s talk about this lectin-free grain that packs over 20g of protein into every cup. It’s easy to make, never gets soggy, and takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it in. In short, it’s amazing and you need it in your life.
Sorghum takes hours to cook on the stove, but Instant Pot makes it a snap. Just use a 2:1 ratio of liquid to sorghum.Print
Quick and easy sorghum.
- 1 cup whole grain sorghum
- 2 cups water or low-sodium/ unsalted vegetable, chicken, or beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the sorghum into a fine mesh strainer. Sort and rinse under cold running water.
- Pour the water/broth and sorghum into the Instant Pot. Set to Manual/High for 20 minutes and allow for natural release.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Strain off any excess liquid and fluff with a fork. Serve hot or cold, in soups and salads, or as a side dish.
Keywords: sorghum. lectin-free