Grain-free, dairy-free, and drunk as heck! The shrimp, that is.
All the flavor you love in shrimp scampi without the fat and calories of butter, so no regrets in the morning. Try it with our Roasted Cajun Vegetables.Print
Quick and easy shrimp scampi with no dairy added.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package medium or large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 16 oz)
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp dried parsley, divided
- 1 tsp Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 5–6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we used Pinot Grigio)
- Salt after cooking, if needed
- Place an oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Measure the wine and add 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Add the shrimp and oil to a glass baking dish (8×8 for medium shrimp, 9×13 for large). Toss to coat, prinkle with 3/4 tsp Cajun seasoning, and arrange in a single layer.
- Pour the wine and parsley mixture over the shrimp, distributing the parsley evenly.
- Distribute the garlic slices over the shrimp.
- Roast about 10-15 minutes (depending on shrimp size) until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque throughout.
- While shrimp is cooking, prepare the cauliflower rice and ass 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley.
- Taste before salting – you may find you don’t need to add salt at all. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning before serving.
- Serve shrimp with the cauliflower rice immediately.
- Remove any remaining shrimp from the cooking liquid to avoid overcooking. The liquid can be served with the meal for extra seasoning.
- Try with our Roasted Cajun Vegetables.
Keywords: shrimp scampi, roasted shrimp, Cajun