Who doesn’t love Cajun seasoning? Trouble is, it’s packed with salt, and we believe that salt should be a choice.
If you’re on a grain-free or whole foods path, you already know how good real food tastes. Be the keeper of your own destiny and try this salt-free version. It packs in all the flavor and lets you control the sodium. You can also control the heat by bumping the cayenne up or down. Smoked paprika could also be good if you’re grilling. Go on, get crazy!Print
All the Cajun flavor you love without the salt.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (for milder seasoning, use 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl or spice jar.
- Spin in a spice grinder if you prefer a smooth consistency.
- We love it on our Roasted Cajun Vegetables and Drunken Shrimp Scampi.
- Keeps in an airtight container up to a year.
Keywords: unsalted, salt-free, Cajun spice mix