Why cook a whole turkey when you can just make the part everyone wants? This Oven Roasted Turkey Breast recipe is foolproof, and delivers tender, juicy turkey every time.
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast perfect for a weekend or holiday meal.
- Unseasoned turkey breast roast (3 pounds), thawed
- 2 teaspoons ghee, melted
- 1/8 tsp dried sage
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Generous pinches of salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder
- Place an oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place a small rack in a 9×13 nonstick baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine herbs and spices and mix to combine.
- Remove turkey breast roast from packaging and pat try with paper towels. Discard gravy packet, if present, and readjust netting on the roast to make it easier to remove later.
- Place roast on rack in pan and coat all sides with the melted ghee, then sprinkle all sides with seasoning mixture.
- Roast uncovered until center temperature is 170-175 degrees F (2-2 1/2 hours, depending on how your oven runs). Once at required temperature, remove from oven, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before removing netting. Slice and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
Keywords: turkey breast, holiday meals,