If you’ve seen our Sugar-Free Sweet Cinnamon Roasted Almonds, you know how easy they are to make. These Sugar-Free Sweet Mocha Roasted Almonds are just as easy and delicious.
They’re perfect for the coffee lover in your life, a hit on party trays, and make great mason jar gifts.Print
Enjoy these low-carb mocha candied almonds without the sugar buzz.
- Place oven racks in top two positions, preheat oven to 250 degrees F, and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the white of one egg to a large bowl and discard the yolk. Use a hand mixer or whisk to beat the egg white and teaspoon each of water and vanilla until frothy. Add the almonds and toss to coat completely. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to distribute as much of the egg white mixture as possible.
- Add the sweeteners, cocoa and coffee powders, and salt to a food processor or blender and pulse to combine. The Swerve Brown Sweetener is sticky, and this will remove any clumps (we tried doing this by hand, and it took forever).
- Sprinkle half the mixture onto the nuts and toss to coat evenly. Repeat with the remaining mixture for a nice even coating.
- Place half of the coated nuts onto each prepared baking sheet and spread out as much as possible in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (depending on how your oven runs), flipping the nuts and rotating the baking sheets between racks every 20 minutes. It is important to not stir the nuts but flip them so both sides roast evenly.
- When hot, the almonds will be chewy. Do some quality control after 45 minutes to an hour of roasting by letting a couple of almonds cool. Then taste to see if they are done. Both the coating and nut should be crunchy.
- When ready, remove the sheets from the oven, flip the nuts one last time, and cool completely before transferring to airtight containers for storage (zip top bags with excess air removed work best).
Technically, the nuts should easily keep for a week or two, although we can’t be certain because they’ve never lasted that long.
Keywords: coffee, mocha, cocoa, roasted almonds, low-carb, sugar-free, keto compliant, grain-free, gluten-free