Step away from the comfort food and fat pants and get back on track. Start with this fast and easy Soy-Free Asian Cucumber Salad. Ready in 15 minutes and easy to portion into individual servings.Print
Cool cucumbers, crunchy red peppers, and red onions in a light and flavorful sesame dressing.
For the Salad:
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- Scant 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Scant 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Optional: 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Prep all vegetables and divide between four plates or add to a large bowl and toss if serving buffet style.
- Add the coconut aminos, Lakanto, vinegar, sesame oil, ground ginger, salt and pepper to a glass measuring cup or mug and whisk to combine.
- Serve dressing on the side or pour over the vegetables. Toss toss to coat if serving buffet style. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately once dressed.
Refrigerate vegetables in an airtight glass container up to 3 days, separate from dressing.
Place dressing in an airtight glass container and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 74.3, Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: .5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 210g, Potassium: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 9.2g total/8.8g net, Fiber: .4g, Sugar: 3.8g, Protein: 1.8g, Vitamin A: 19.8%, Vitamin C: 88.8%, Calcium: 2.8%, Iron: 3.3% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD, PALEO, LOW-CARB, #VEGAN, #VEGETARIAN, PLANT-BASED, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, SOY-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, #LAKANTOSWEETENED