Everybody loves sliders, and it’s plain to see why. You get all the satisfaction of a burger or sandwich in a compact package. But sliders can still be messy, so we reduced them to a bite-sized version. These Bacon Blue Turkey Burger Mini Sliders are perfectly portioned party food powerhouses you can pop in a bite or two. Say that five times fast.Print
Bite-sized sliders with bacon and blue cheese turkey burger.
For the Burgers
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp ghee or butter, melted
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely diced or minced
- 6 slices smoked bacon, cooked until crispy, drained and finely crumbled
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1/2 tsp Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- Optional condiments and toppings: Reserved blue cheese, shredded lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes, red onion, and pickles, condiments
For the Buns
- 1 batch Grain-Free Mini Slider Buns
- Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place two 12-cup or one 24-cup mini muffin tin on a large baking sheet and generously grease the cups with the melted ghee or butter (this gives the burgers a richer flavor).
- In a large bowl, add turkey, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, salt, and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 24 muffin cups, filling about half way. Make sure to press all edges down to avoid empty pockets. Press down in the center of each filled cup to make an indentation (almost to the bottom of the pan). Place a small piece of cheese in each indentation and pinch meat together on top to close as much as possible and flatten. You’ll use about 1/4 teaspoon of cheese per burger. Reserve unused cheese for topping the burgers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until meat is cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes then transfer burgers to a large plate lined with paper towel to drain.
Serve in lettuce cups or on buns with toppings and condiments of your choice.
Assemble mini sliders and secure with toothpicks.
Keywords: party food, mini slider buns, mini sliders, grain-free, gluten-free, blue cheese, turkey burger, bacon