Everyone loves a classic, especially when it’s this easy. This Classic Pico de Gallo is ready in about 10 minutes and doesn’t need any gimmicks to be a star.
Serve it with chips, in salad, as a topping for carnitas, tacos, or anything else you want to make awesome.Print
Classic Pico de Gallo
- 5 ripe Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, deveined and deseeded then diced
- Juice of one medium lime, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp each salt and ground black pepper, more to taste
- Prep all vegetables and toss to combine a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then taste. Add more lime juice, salt, and/or pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Can be refrigerated in an airtight container (preferably glass) 3-4 days, but the tomatoes will release liquid.
Toss and drain off any excess liquid before using refrigerated mixture as a dip (it’s great in salads, though).
Keywords: Classic Pico de Gallo, Healthy Pico de Gallo, gluten-free, grain-free, Fresh Pico de Gallo, paleo, whole30