If you live in the Midwest, you know how the price of fresh produce can skyrocket in the winter. That’s why we took every shortcut possible to make our Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice the fastest way to make a healthy meal on a budget.
Frozen vegetables are a wintertime bargain, especially when you can use what you need and reserve the rest for another recipe. You’ll get four servings out of this recipe, as written, but can easily cut the ingredients in half if you’re cooking for one.Print
Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 12-oz bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 4 eggs, or equivalent in egg whites (omit for vegan option)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced (can also use yellow onion)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium or unsalted chicken broth (vegetable broth fro vegan option)
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots (fresh or frozen), loosely packed
- 3–4 tbsp coconut aminos, to taste
- 2 tbsp cool water
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sesame oil, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: 2 thinly sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Add eggs, water, and pinches of salt and ground black pepper to a large measuring cup and beat well. Set aside.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat and add one tablespoon sesame oil and the diced onion. Cook onion, stirring as needed, until beginning to caramelize.
- When the onions are almost done, heat a separate large saute pan or heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Add coconut aminos, chicken broth, and frozen riced cauliflower, stir, and cover.
- Add minced garlic to the onions and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes), then transfer the onions and garlic to the larger pan. Add peas and carrots, and toss to combine. Cover and cook another 3-4 minutes, then reduce heat to low and remove cover.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat the original onion pan over medium heat and add the remaining teaspoon of sesame oil. Add the beaten eggs and cook until just set.
- Add the eggs to the vegetable mixture, toss and taste to see if a 4th tablespoon of coconut aminos is needed (if so, add it now). Cook over low-medium another 1-2 minutes to finish eggs and cook off any remaining excess liquid.
- Serve garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Refrigerate in airtight container up 3 days.
Adjust peas and carrots up or down, depending on preference.
Keywords: cauliflower rice, fried rice, cauliflower fried rice, paleo, vegan option, keto, low-carb, low-fat, takeout, quick meals, frozen vegetables, soy-free, grain-free, gluten-free,