We tweaked our Soft Grain-Free Tortillas recipe the create light-as-air Grain-Free Crepes that are paleo-compliant. Make them with unsweetened chocolate almond milk and top with our Sugar-Free Chocolate Sauce for a decadent breakfast treat. Stuff with fruit and dust with powdered Lakanto or cocoa powder.Print
Grain-Free, paleo-compliant crepes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain, chocolate, or vanilla)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Swerve Brown Sweetener (can use honey or pure maple syrup for paleo)
- Pinch of salt
- Avocado oil for pan.
- Optional fillings and toppings: Fresh berries, sliced strawberries, banana slices, orange slices, sugar-free vegan chocolate sauce, chopped nuts, powdered Lakanto, cocoa powder.
- Line a large plate with paper towel and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients (except Swerve) to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients and Swerve to a large measuring cup and beat with a fork, then add to dry ingredients and whisk until completely combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and brush lightly with avocado oil. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and swirl to distribute, creating a thin 8″ crepe.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface, taking care not to burn, then flip carefully and cook until both sides are lightly golden brown. Transfer to prepared plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep soft and warm while cooking the rest of the batter or serve immediately.
- Stir batter well each time before scooping and allow pan to heat between each crepe. Depending on size and thickness of crepes, makes 4-6.
- Serving Size: 1 Crepe
Keywords: CREPE, CREPES, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO, BREAKFAST, STUFFED CREPES, CREPE PANCAKES, SUGAR-FREE