Fall off the bone tender, juicy, and packed with flavor, our Instant Pot Baby Back Pork Ribs are easy and delicious. Instant Pot makes them fast enough for a weeknight meal, and they’re even better the next day.
The secret is starting with our Sugar-Free Memphis Style Dry Rub and finishing off with a layer of our Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce under the broiler or on the grill. You can even prep the night before for extra flavor.Print
Instant Pot Baby Back Pork Ribs with Memphis Style Dry Rub and Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce.
- Check the back of the ribs to see if the opaque white membrane has been removed, If not, use a sharp knife to loosen a corner of the membrane, then pull across the length of the slab to remove. You’ll have to give it a good pull, but the membrane is very tough and should come off in one piece.
- Rinse the slab in cold water, if necessary, then generously rub both sides and all edges with 2 tablespoons of our Sugar-Free Memphis Style Dry Rub. If you don’t plan to finish the ribs with Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce, use 3 tablespoons of the rub for extra flavor.
- Place the wire Instant Pot rack in the bottom of the pot, then stand the seasoned slab on its short side and curl to form a “U” shape or circle. You want the meat side (front) facing outward and the back of the ribs facing inward. If there is a ridge of fat on the meat side, make sure it’s on top. Lower the curled slab into the Instant Pot and position so it is held upright and against the sides of the pot. Basically, you’ll have a ring of meat around most (or all) of the edge of the pot. Depending on the size of your pot, you may be able to cook two slabs at once.
- Add salt, water, and apple cider vinegar to a large measuring cup and pour into the center of the pot, taking care not to touch the meat.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to Manual/High for 25 minutes with “Keep Warm” turned off. Once cooking time has completed, allow to vent naturally for 15 minutes, then vent remaining pressure manually.
- When the pin drops on Instant Pot, remove lid and use tongs to carefully remove the slab and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Tent with foil and rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with sauce on the side if desired.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, place oven rack in the second from top position, and set oven to low broil.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the slab from Instant Pot and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Tent with foil and rest 10 minutes, then brush sides and edges generously with Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side to caramelize the BBQ sauce a bit, taking care not to burn. Since this sauce does not contain cane sugar, it will not form the same type of “crust” as a sauce with regular sugar.
- Slice and serve immediately after broiling.
We made a 3-pound slab in a 6-quart Instant Pot Duo.
Store leftover ribs tightly wrapped in foil inside an airtight container up to 3 days. They’re even better the next day.
For ribs with even more amazing flavor, work the rub into the slab then wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate 3 hours, or up to overnight, before cooking in Instant Pot.
Keywords: Barbecue, BBQ, pork ribs, baby back ribs, ribs, instant pot, sugar-free, keto, grain-free, gluten-free