Our love affair with roasted vegetables is well-documented, and carrots are no exception. Combining carrots and parsnips adds another layer of flavor and texture for a side the pairs well with just about any meal and will be enjoyed by all. We’re sure these Thyme Roasted Carrots and Parsnips will be a hit in your house, too.Print
Thyme Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 2–3 large carrots, peeled and halved crosswise
- 2–3 medium parsnips, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Generous pinches salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place oven rack at top position and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut carrot and parsnips crosswise, then cut narrow ends in half and thicker ends into quarters. This will ensure more uniform cooking.
- Add cut vegetables to a large bowl, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to coat completely, then transfer to a rimmed, nonstick baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until tender, 20-30 minutes, turning after 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, tent with foil and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
Keywords: roasted carrots, roasted carrots, thyme carrots, thyme parsnips, roasted root vegetables, vegan, low-fat, grain-free, gluten-free