Our Grain-Free Chipotle-Lime Burrito Bowl is a kitchen sink kind of meal and most of the components can be prepared ahead of time, which makes this a versatile recipe.
Switch up the ingredients for paleo and vegan options. Multiply the recipe to make a burrito bowl buffet for game day and parties. Great for lunch kits, too!
Whip up a batch of our homemade Chipotle Adobo Sauce and freeze it in cubes to make the chipotle-lime marinade and chicken anytime.Print
Grain-Free Chipotle-Lime Burrito Bowl
For the Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp Swerve Brown Sweetener, packed
- 2 tbsp Homemade Adobo Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle chiles
- Pinch of salt
For the Protein
- Chicken option: 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, divided lobe and tip
- Vegan Option: Double the prepared or canned black beans or pinto beans below
For the Bowl
- 1 batch Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 batch Homemade Pico de Gallo
- 1 batch Simple Guacamole or 1 avocado, diced
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, rinsed and chopped
- 3 bell peppers (mixed colors), deseeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups prepared or canned black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed (For chicken option. Omit beans for paleo/keto options, double for vegan option.)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Optional: Diced red onions for garnish, dollop of plain yogurt or sprinkle of shredded cheese
For the Marinade
- Combine everything in a glass jar or bullet blender cup. Shake or pulse to combine.
- For chicken, add marinade and chicken breasts to a quart-sized zip-top freezer bag. Remove excess air and seal, and massage to coat evenly.
- For beans, add to a glass bowl and pour marinade over top. Toss to combine.
- For both, marinate at least an hour, preferably overnight.
For Chicken Option
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. Place chicken on the rack and bake until internal temperature is 160 degrees F (be sure to check the thickest part of each piece), 25-30 minutes. Discard the leftover marinade.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
For Vegan Option
- Transfer beans and marinade to a medium sauce pan, add 1/2 cup water, and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Drain and serve warm, in place of chicken. Reserve liquid for reheating leftovers. Note: the vegan option does not include additional plain beans.
Assemble the Bowls
- Line bowls with lettuce and top with peppers, pico de gallo, guacamole, cauliflower rice, and protein(s) of choice.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
The chicken and marinade can also be frozen together for easy meal prep later on. Defrost frozen chicken and marinade overnight in refrigerator.
Refrigerate cooked chicken or beans in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Keep leftover components separate until ready to serve or pack into divided containers for healthy lunches.
Keywords: BURRITO BOWLS, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO OPTION, VEGAN OPTION, LOW-FAT, LOW-CARB, CAULIFLOWER RICE, PICO DE GALLO, BLACK BEANS, CHIPOTLE-LIME CHICKEN, GUACAMOLE, LUNCH KITS, PARTY FOOD