A little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot of flavor. Our Sweet Asian Garlic Chicken is tender and juicy, from the oven or grill. Great for meal prep and freezer meals, so you can plan now for easy weeknight dinners later.
Serve with steamed or roasted vegetables, or over cauliflower rice. This chicken is a fantastic addition to our Double Dashi with Vegetables. Simply shred with two forks and place on top of the vegetables in the dashi bowl.Print
Sweet Asian Garlic Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, divided lobe and tip
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Swerve Brown Sweetener, packed
- 3/4 tsp chili garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of ground black pepper
For the Marinade
- Combine everything but chicken in a quart-sized zip-top freezer bag.
- Add chicken, remove excess air and seal, and massage to coat evenly.
- Marinate at least an hour, preferably overnight.
For the Chicken
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top.
- Place chicken on the rack and bake until internal temperature is 160 degrees F (be sure to check the thickest part of each piece), 25-30 minutes. Discard the leftover marinade.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes, then serve.
The chicken and marinade can be frozen, up to 6 months, for easy meal prep later on.
Keywords: CHICKEN, GARLIC, LIME, COCONUT AMINOS, CHILI GARLIC, KETO, PALEO, LOW-CARB, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, LOW-FAT, SUGAR-FREE, ASIAN CHICKEN MARINADE, MEAL PREP, FREEZER MEALS