This is not the sad styrofoam cup of ramen you remember from your college days. Our Red Curry and Peanut Zoodle Ramen with Chicken combines Thai flavor favorites in a nutrient packed bowl featuring zucchini noodles and kale. Shredded chicken adds a satisfying protein, making this a delicious meal that is in regular rotation in our house.
Zucchini noodles keep this soup grain and gluten-free while saving a whopping 150 calories per serving. With Instant Pot, it’s a snap to make with a cook time of about 30 minutes from pressurizing to venting. Since it’s hands-off cooking, you can use this time to complete prep and have an amazing meal on the table in under an hour.Print
Red Curry and Peanut Zoodle Ramen with Chicken
- 4 to 5 packed cups of spiralized fresh zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and halved lengthwise
- 2 limes, one juiced and one cut into wedges
- 2 8-ounce containers of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 4-ounce jar Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth or bone broth
- 3 to 4 cups fresh shredded kale, packed
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (about 14 ounces)
- 5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Swerve Brown Sweetener
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Garnish options: fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, sliced green onions, red pepper slices, lime wedges
- Spiralize the zucchini using a spaghetti blade and lay in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with paper towel. Salt the zucchini with about a teaspoon of salt (don’t worry, we’ll rinse it off) and set aside to drain.
- Deseed the red peppers and cut in half lengthwise. Reserve half of one of the peppers and chop the rest into bite sized pieces. Set aside. Slice the remaining pepper into thin half-moons and set aside.
- To the Instant Pot, add coconut milk, chicken broth, Swerve, ginger, coconut aminos, fish sauce, peanut butter, garlic, and curry paste. Whisk to combine thoroughly, then add the chicken, sliced mushrooms, and chopped red peppers.
- Seal Instant Pot and set to manual/High for 10 minutes. Allow natural release for 5 minutes after cook time ends, then vent manually.
- While Instant Pot is cooking, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, then add the zucchini noodles and immediately set a timer for one minute. Drain zucchini noodles in a colander after one minute and immediately run under cold water or set the colander in an ice water bath to stop cooking. Once cold, drain again and leave in the colander (over a plate to catch the water) until ready to use.
- Once instant pot has vented and the pin drops, open and set to sauté and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken with two forks. Once the liquid is bubbling, turn off the Instant Pot, add the lime juice and kale and stir. You just want to wilt the kale.
- Taste the broth for seasoning, adjust to taste, and add chicken back to the pot.
- To serve, add cold noodles to a bowl and then add the soup. Top with the red pepper slices and chopped cilantro, and garnish with chopped peanuts, sliced green onions, and/or sesame seeds as desired. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.
Anticipating leftovers? Keep the zucchini noodles separate until ready to serve. Reheat the broth and pour over cold noodles.
Refrigerate up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Keywords: RAMEN, RED CURRY, COCONUT, THAI PEANUT, THAI CURRY, ZUCCHINI NOODLE, ZOODLES, SOUP, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, RED PEPPERS, KALE, LOW-CARB, SUGAR-FREE, ASIAN, ZUCCHINI RAMEN, SPIRALIZED, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, LEFTOVER LUNCHES