The phrase “cool as a cucumber” takes on literal meaning with this clean and refreshing Cucumber Lime Cooler. Perfect for anytime with just enough fizz from plain seltzer, without the added salt or sugar found in other carbonated waters. Try it with and without mint.Print
Cucumber Lime Cooler
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 cup plain seltzer water
- 1 tbsp homemade simple syrup*
- 1/4 fresh lime
- Crushed ice to fill two highball glasses
- Fresh mint for garnish, if desired
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer to create thin lengthwise slices from outer sides of cucumber. You will be left with a square core that contains the pulp and small seeds. Gently fold slices back and forth and slide onto a drink pick or short bamboo skewer and set aside. Cut the core into cubes (these should be about 2″ chunks).
- Fill two highball glasses with crushed ice.
- Muddle 4 cucumber chunks, lime wedge, and simple syrup in a shaker until well combined. Add 1/4 cup seltzer and shake gently for 10 seconds, then strain over the ice in the prepared glasses, pressing through a fine mesh strainer and dividing evenly.
- Top off with remaining seltzer and garnish with prepared cucumber picks and fresh mint leaves, if desired.
*To make homemade simple syrup, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup Swerve Granular Sweetener or Lakanto Classic Sweetener to a low boil, stirring until completely dissolved. Cool, transfer to a mason jar, and store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Some separation will occur. Shake before using and strain if necessary.
Keywords: MOCKTAIL, MOCKTAILS, NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS, SUMMER DRINKS, COOLERS, REFRESHING DRINKS, COCKTAILS, COLD BEVERAGES, SUGAR-FREE, PALEO, CUCUMBER, LIME, MINT, LOW-CARB