Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
For the Filling
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets then measured (4–5 cups)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the Tacos
- 1 batch Soft Grain-Free Vegan Tortillas (or tortillas of choice), or lettuce cups for keto option
- 2 cups very finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 ripe avocado, or a batch of Simple Guacamole
- 1 ripe tomato, diced, or a batch of Pico de Gallo
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Optional: Shredded vegan cheese or Vegan Cauliflower Queso (non-paleo option); diced red onion or jalapeno; chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce
For the Filling
- Place oven rack at top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all spices thoroughly.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture onto the cauliflower and toss to coat. Repeat with remaining seasoning and toss cauliflower again to coat evenly.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the cauliflower. Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes (until desired tenderness is achieved). Watch closely after 5 minutes.
Putting it Together
- Prepare toppings and tortillas while cauliflower is roasting.
- Spread guacamole and/or Cauliflower Queso on tortillas (of using), then add shredded cabbage/lettuce. Top with cauliflower filling, pile on desired toppings and serve.
- Serve buffet style for a build your own taco bar.
Leftover cauliflower filling can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Keywords: TACOS, CAULIFLOWER TACOS, VEGAN TACOS, VEGETARIAN, LOW-CARB, PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, PLANT-BASED, MEATLESS, KETO OPTION