Our cherry tomato plants from Juda Springs Farm at North End City Market are exploding so we’re putting the crop to good use with the last of our green and yellow zucchini haul from Shade Valley Produce at the HCC Realty Farmers Market/Colonial Village. This Cheesy Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes can be made paleo-compliant and vegan with nutritional yeast. If you love dairy, make it with freshly grated parmesan instead.Print
Cheesy Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes with paleo and vegan options.
- 1 medium green zucchini, quartered lengthwise then sliced into 1/2″ thick triangles (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow zucchini or summer squash, quartered lengthwise then sliced into 1/2″ thick triangles (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (vegan/paleo option)
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Generous pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt, more to taste after roasting
- Place oven rack at top position and preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper. If using nutritional yeast, add it to the seasoning mixture now.
- Add sliced zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning mixture and toss. Repeat with remaining seasoning mixture and toss again.
- Let vegetables rest 5 minutes, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. If using parmesan cheese, sprinkle it over the vegetables now.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and cheese has melted. Do not overcook. Remove and let rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
Keywords: YELLOW ZUCCHINI, GREEN ZUCCHINI, SUMMER SQUASH, PALEO OPTION, VEGAN OPTION, PARMESAN, GARLIC, LOW-CARB, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE OPTION, VEGETARIAN OPTION
Shade Valley Produce employs chemical-free farming practices and sells fresh seasonal produce and eggs at their on-farm market, which is located at 5240 E. Knoup Rd. in Dakota, IL. Call 815-275-2610 for hours visit their Facebook page, or find them at the HCC Realty Farmers Market/Colonial Village on Friday mornings all summer long.