Sugar-free Sweet Cinnamon Cassava Coconut Tortilla Chips to satisfy your sugary and crunchy cravings. Delicious on their own or served with ice cream or your favorite dessert dip.Print
Sweet Cinnamon Cassava Coconut Tortilla Chips
For the Chips
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Cassava Flour
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Anthony’s Tapioca Flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water, divided
For the Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Making the Dough
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and salt with a whisk, then add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons oil. Stir immediately with a rubber spatula, then finish mixing with hands. The dough will be crumbly but should hold together in a ball. If necessary, add reserved warm water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Form one large ball of dough, then cut in half with a large sharp knife. Place the halves cut side down and cut in half again. Repeat once more with the quarters and you will have a total of 8 equal pieces of dough. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place back in the bowl.
- Place two nonstick pans over medium-low heat to preheat.
- Use a tortilla press or roll each dough ball between sheets of parchment, as thin as possible, about 7 inches in diameter. Make all the tortillas at once, leaving them between the parchment in a stack.
Making the Tortillas
- Transfer one tortilla from the parchment paper to each pan and cook until browned, then flip and cook other side. The key here is slow and low. We need to cook out as much moisture as possible for crispy chips. Place cooked tortillas on a cooking rack so they continue to lose moisture as they cool.
- When you’re down to two raw tortillas to go, preheat oven to 400 degrees F with oven racks in center position and one above center. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment and place the reserved tablespoon of avocado oil in a small bowl (for brushing the chips).
- Prepare the seasoning mixture in a small bowl and set aside.
Making the Chips
- Once all tortillas are cooked cut each round into 4 to 6 triangles (to preference) and transfer to the prepared sheets. Brush lightly with the oil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove both pans and flip all chips. Lightly brush each chip with oil and immediately dip the freshly brushed side into the cinnamon mixture to coat. Place back on sheets, cinnamon side up.
- Rotate the pans between the racks when returning to the oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, checking frequently so the sweetener doesn’t burn. Thinner chips will finish faster. Remove as needed and transfer in a single layer to a cooling rack. Continue until all chips are crispy and allow to cool on the rack almost completely before serving.
Keywords: TORTILLA CHIPS, GRAIN-FREE, CASSAVA COCONUT, GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO, BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS, DESSERT, SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN