Missing your morning oatmeal? We’ve got something for that. This Chunky Monkey version of our Grain-Free Porridge is made with green bananas for a lower glycemic index and a dollop of natural peanut butter for an extra kick of protein. If green bananas aren’t your thing, check out our Very Berry and Pumpkin Spice Grain-Free Porridge recipes.
For a satisfying hot breakfast in under a minute, mix dry ingredients the night before in a small mason jar. Heat almond milk and slice banana in the morning, then top with peanut butter and you’re good to go.Print
Chunky Monkey Grain-Free Porridge
- 1/2 green banana, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp golden flax seed meal
- 1 1/2 tsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- To a small bowl or mason jar add sweetener and cinnamon and combine. If desired, reserve about 1/2 tsp for sprinkling. Add walnuts, coconut, flaxseed meal, and chia seeds and combine.
- Heat almond milk in microwave safe container for 30 seconds. It will be steaming but not scalded. Mix with dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Slice the banana and lay on top of the hot porridge. Top with a teaspoon of natural peanut butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sweetener blend (if reserved).
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: BREAKFAST, PORRIDGE, GRAIN-FREE CEREAL, HOT CEREAL, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, PLANT-BASED, PLANTBASED, QUICK BREAKFAST, HEALTHY BREAKFAST, LOW-CARB, LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX, SUGAR-FREE, GREEN BANANAS, PEANUT BUTTER, FAST BREAKFAST