Listen, we are quickly approaching that time of year when we have candy in our houses for trick-or-treaters, or our own little gremlins are bringing it home by the pillowcase. It’s a serious situation that requires serious willpower (which we lack) or an even more seriously delicious snack option (which we have).
A grown-up version of candied nuts, our Pumpkin Spiced Almonds have just enough sweetness to crush the candy temptation and are wonderfully spiced with a touch of coffee to add depth. Zero refined sugar + a low-carb/high-protein snack = victory. Make them with decaf instant coffee to keep them kiddo safe…or don’t and keep them all for you.Print
Pumpkin Spiced Latte Almonds
- 1 pound raw almonds
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Powdered Sweetener
- 2 tsp dark roast instant coffee
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Place oven rack at center position, preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Add the instant coffee to a small bowl and use the back of a spoon to crush the coffee crystals into a fine powder. Add the powdered sweetener, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, then combine thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and vanilla (if using), then add the almonds and toss to coat evenly.
- Add a spoonful of the powdered mixture at a time to a small, fine mesh strainer and sprinkle over the nuts, stirring frequently to ensure even coating. Repeat until all the powdered mixture has been sprinkled onto the nuts and continue tossing until well coated.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. No need for parchment if the pan is nonstick. Remove from oven at 30 minutes (quickly close the oven door to maintain temperature) and flip again. At this point, they’re going to look all wet and you may become concerned. Be cool, it all works out in the end.
- Return the pan to the oven and turn the oven off, then roast the nuts another 30 minutes, undisturbed. The slow and low method is enough to roast the nuts and remove enough moisture to make them crunchy without scorching.
- Cool completely before serving/storing. Patience is a virtue. The cooled almonds will be nice and crunchy.
Store cooled almonds in an airtight container. Dust with powdered Lakanto when serving, if desired.
Keywords: PUMPKIN SPICE, PUMPKIN SPICED, ROASTED ALMONDS, SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, PALEO, KETO, LOW-CARB, VEGETARIAN, PLANT-BASED, COFFEE, PSL, PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE