Our Savory Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese Spread takes just minutes to make. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, keto and paleo compliant, and doubles as a dip with vegetable or crackers.Print
Savory Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 packed cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/3 cup room temperature water
- 1 tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Generous pinch of ground black pepper
Ahead of Time
- Measure cashews in a large measuring cup and cover by an inch with boiling water.
- Let sit 3 to 4 hours at room temperature.
Putting it Together
- Drain cashews and add to a small food processor bowl. Add 1/3 cup fresh room temperature water, Meyer lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and spices.
- Pulse to break up the cashews then process until smooth and creamy. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly. Longer processing results in a silkier finish. Transfer to an airtight glass container and refrigerate until ready to use/serve.
Refrigerate in an airtight glass container up to 5 days.
Regular lemon (tangier finish) or a 2:1 combination of freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice (milder finish) can be substituted for a Meyer lemon, if not in season.
Time listed is active prep, not soaking time.
Keywords: VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED, PALEO, KETO, NUT CHEESE, VEGETARIAN, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE