Our delicious Vegan Maple Walnut Cashew Cream Cheese Spread takes just minutes to make. It’s sugar-free, gluten-free, keto and paleo compliant, and doubles as a healthy fruit dip. Looking for a savory option? We’ve got that, too.Print
Vegan Maple Walnut Cashew Cream Cheese Spread
Ahead of Time
- Measure cashews in a large glass measuring cup and cover by an inch or two with boiling water.
- Let sit 3-4 hours before draining.
Putting It Together
- Chop and measure 1/4 cup walnuts then heat a small pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add the walnuts and remove from heat. Wait 30 seconds then toss the walnuts. Wait another 30 seconds, then transfer back to the measuring cup and set aside.
- Drain the cashews and add to a food processor bowl (fitted with an “S” blade) along with the lemon juice, Lakanto sweetener and syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and 2 tablespoons of the water. Pulse until the cashews are coarsely ground, then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Process for about 30 seconds, then scrape again and add another tablespoon of water. Process again for 30 seconds, scrape, and add remaining water if needed.
- Continue processing and scraping until desired consistency is achieved. Longer processing will result in a silkier finish.
- Remove the blade, add the walnuts, and stir to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight glass container and refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving for best flavor.
Refrigerate in an airtight glass container up to 5 days. Stir before using.
Prep time does not include soak time.
Keywords: VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED, PALEO, KETO, NUT CHEESE, VEGETARIAN, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, LOW-CARB, VEGAN CREAM CHEESE, MAPLE WALNUT SPREAD, BAGEL SPREAD, FRUIT DIP, HEALTHY DESSERT