If you’ve never had Roasted Red Grapes, the time to try them is now. As in today. Roasting grapes is both easy and versatile. When roasted alone, they taste a bit like warm candied apples. Add a dash of cinnamon and enjoy as a healthy dessert. Roast with fresh sprigs of thyme or rosemary to transform red grapes into an elegant side dish or the center of our outstanding Roasted Red Grape and Feta Salad.
The only challenge in roasting grapes is waiting for these little balls of molten goodness to cool down before eating. Seriously, let them sit for a few before digging in…we may be speaking from experience. Slice one in half after about 5 minutes to test, especially if serving to the kiddos. Best served warm.Print
Make these easy Roasted Red Grapes sweet for dessert or savory for salads and side dishes.
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, stemmed, washed, and dried
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: Sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme, ground cinnamon
- Set oven rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the grapes and rosemary or thyme sprigs (if using) in a large bowl and drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil. Toss gently and transfer the grapes to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Drape the rosemary sprigs over the grapes and roast for 15 minutes, until just tender (some will begin to split).
- Remove from oven after 15 minutes. Remove herbs (if using) or sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon immediately after removing the grapes from the oven. Let rest 5 minutes before testing temperature and serving, about 10 minutes for use in salads.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 61.9, Fat: 1.1g, Saturated Fat: .8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .1g, Monounsaturated Fat: .8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 1.5g, Potassium: 1.5g, Carbohydrates: 13.5g total/12.8g net, Fiber: .7g, Sugar: 11.5g, Protein: .5g, Vitamin A: 1%, Vitamin C: .5%, Calcium: .5%, Iron: 1% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: ROASTED GRAPES, ROASTED RED GRAPES, ROASTED FRUIT, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, PALEO, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, HEALTHY DESSERT