If you’ve reached your keto bacon quota and are looking for a quick meal that’s both satisfying and delicious, we’ve got the bowl for you. On the table in half an hour, this deconstructed gourmet burger has a bit of everything. Our Smoky Keto Cheeseburger Bowls start with giving ground turkey a deep and smoky flavor and just a bit of kick, paired with refreshing shaved romaine lettuce, rich and tangy aged cheddar, creamy avocado (or homemade guacamole), cherry tomatoes, and zesty dill pickle.
Try using a variety of cherry tomatoes to enhance flavor even more. We used red, heirloom, and black cherry tomatoes, which range from super sweet to earthy, to tangy citrus. It’s also worth the extra few minutes of effort to make a batch of simple guacamole with the avocado.Print
Smoky Keto Cheeseburger Bowls
For the Burger
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper (these are ground, smoke-dried red jalapeños)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Toppings
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, add the ground turkey, and flatten it into a uniform layer. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and cook until one side is browned, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Break the turkey into a rough crumble and stir as needed until fully cooked and most excess liquid has evaporated.
- While turkey is browning, combine the tomato paste, water, paprika, chipotle chile pepper in a mug or small glass measuring cup. Prep the vegetables and divide evenly between four large bowls.
- Once the turkey has browned, add the minced garlic and stir for about a minute, then add the tomato mixture, stir to coat evenly, and divide between the bowls. Top with the crumbled cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE, WITH AVOCADO) – Calories: 281.2, Fat: 15.8g, Saturated Fat: 4.8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g, Cholesterol: 91.8mg, Sodium: 357.8mg, Potassium: 196.8mg Carbohydrates: 9.4g total/5.8g net, Fiber: 3.7g, Sugar: 2.7g, Protein: 23.6, Vitamin A: 13.9%, Vitamin C: 23.4%, Calcium: 7.4%, Iron: 14.5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE, WITH SIMPLE GUACAMOLE) – Calories: 285.7, Fat: 15.8g, Saturated Fat: 4.8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g, Cholesterol: 91.8mg, Sodium: 394.4mg, Potassium: 212.9mg Carbohydrates: 10.5g total/6.7g net, Fiber: 3.8g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 23.7, Vitamin A: 14%, Vitamin C: 26.7%, Calcium: 7.5%, Iron: 14.6% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: KETO CHEESEBURGER, KETO BOWLS, KETO CHEESEBURGER BOWL, LOW CARB, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, SMOKY CHEESEBURGER