Once you start making Instant Pot chickpeas at home instead of buying canned, you’ll never go back. One batch is equal to several cans for just a fraction of the cost, and you get to control the sodium and seasonings. Chickpeas are a versatile protein source for meatless cooking and snacks. One of our favorite ways to prepare chickpeas is oven roasting with different seasonings. These Roasted Garlic Sage Chickpeas are great in salads, in bowls, and alongside our Vegan Cauliflower Chicken Bites (which really do taste like chicken, BTW).Print
Roasted Garlic Sage Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups prepared chickpeas (or a 15-oz can), rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh sage leaves for garnish (optional)
- Position oven rack at one level above center, preheat to 375 degrees F, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and strain the chickpeas and transfer to a clean cotton kitchen towel. Gently pat dry then add to a medium mixing bowl. Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Add the sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a small bowl and combine. Sprinkle the mixture over the chickpeas while tossing to coat evenly, then transfer the chickpeas to the prepared pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes stirring after 15 minutes to ensure even cooking. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate fully cooled leftovers in an airtight container up to 4 days. Reheat over low heat in a dry skillet.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 124.3, Fat: 4.8, Saturated Fat: .4, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .9g, Monounsaturated Fat: 29g, Cholesterol: 0g, Sodium: 151.3mg, Potassium: 179.5mg Carbohydrates: 15.7g total/12.7g net, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2.6g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: .3%, Vitamin C: 1.6% Calcium: 1%, Iron: 6% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: CHICKPEAS, ROASTED CHICKPEAS, GARLIC, SAGE, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, MEATLESS, HIGH PROTEIN, SIDE DISHES, SNACKS, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE