Our Vegan Korean Beef with Ginger Cauliflower Rice tastes just like the real deal and is gluten-free, sugar-free, and soy-free.
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice, partly thawed and broken up
- 1 12-ounce package Lightlife Plant-Based Ground
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated, and divided
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 tbsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, to heat preference
- Set cauliflower rice bags on the counter to begin to thaw, then break up as much as possible before cooking. Prep the green onions, garlic, and ginger and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Lakanto Golden, coconut aminos, half of the ginger, sesame oil, and 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce. If desired, add more chili garlic sauce to heat preference 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat and add one teaspoon of avocado oil, cauliflower rice, and water. Toss to coat, cover, and cook until completely thawed, about 5 minutes, stirring every minute or two. Once thawed, add the remaining ginger and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium and continue cooking (uncovered) another 3-5 minutes, just until the cauliflower rice is tender, and the water has cooked off. Stir regularly to avoid scorching.
- While the cauliflower rice is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, set a timer for 5 minutes, add the remaining 2 teaspoons of avocado oil and the Lightlife Plant-Based Ground Meat, and start the timer. Break the meat into crumbles and cook for 3 minutes, turning and breaking up frequently. With two minutes remaining, reduce heat to medium-low, add the garlic, and stir. With one minute remaining, add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Remove the pan from heat when time is up, stir, and allow the sauce to thicken as the mixture rests.
- By now, the cauliflower rice should also be done. Divide the cauliflower rice between four plates and top with equal portions of the meat mixture. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Refrigerate cauliflower rice and meat can be separately in airtight glass containers up to four days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 325.7, Fat: 20.6, Saturated Fat: 4.6g, Trans Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 794mg, Potassium: 648mg Carbohydrates: 16.3g total/11g net, Fiber: 5.3g, Sugar: 6.2g, Protein: 17.6g, Vitamin A: 2%, Vitamin C: 3.6% Calcium: 6.6%, Iron: 22% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: VEGAN KOREAN BEEF, LIGHTLIFE GROUND, LIGHTLIFE MEAT, SOY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, PLANT-BASED, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, #LAKANTOSWEETENED