Vegan Cauliflower Rice and Bean Burritos made with grain-free cassava and coconut flour tortillas.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock, cauliflower rice, and taco seasoning to a small sauté pan. Warm over medium heat until the cauliflower rice is tender, and the liquid has cooked off (5-10 minutes). Stir as needed
- While the cauliflower rice is cooking, warm the beans in a separate small pan with the remaining vegetable stock (this will thicken and cook off as the beans heat).
- Lay six tortillas out on a working surface and divide the beans evenly between them, spreading across the tortilla and leaving about an inch around the edges. Divide the cooked cauliflower rice between the tortillas (1/4 cup each), mounding in a line in from left to right, across the top third of the tortilla, leaving about 1 1/2 inches from the top and side edges. Divide the shredded cheese between the tortillas, on top of the cauliflower rice.
- Fold the uncoated portion of the tortilla on both sides inward, then fold the uncoated top (farthest from you) downward, toward you. Hold the folded sides in place as needed and continue rolling downward toward you until a rolled burrito is formed. Place rolled burritos on a plate and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, place the rolled burritos in the pan to toast the tortillas and warm through. Watch closely and turn slightly as soon as the tortillas become golden brown to toast around the entire outside. Serve immediately with garnishes of your choice like lime wedges, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, hot sauce, cilantro, etc.
Refrigerate leftover filling in an airtight glass container up to 4 days. Assemble when ready to eat.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 BURRITO) – Calories: 191, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3.2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .9g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 308mg, Potassium: 350mg, Carbohydrates: 29.3g total/23.8g net, Fiber: 5.5, Sugar: 1.4, Protein: 5.5, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 2%, Calcium: 7%, Iron: 8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: VEGAN BURRITOS, BEAN BURRITO, GRAIN-FREE BURRITOS, GLUTEN-FREE BURRITOS, PINTO BEANS, CAULIFLOWER RICE, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, LOW-FAT, DAIYA, SIETE TORTILLAS, CASSAVA COCONUT TORTILLAS