No avocados? No problem. Try our deliciously versatile Avocado-Free Guacamole.
- 4 packed cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 English cucumber, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup Anthony’s Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro (or 1/4 packed cup cilantro leaves)
- 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Place cashews in a heat safe container and cover with boiling water. Set aside to soak while prepping vegetables.
- Prep cucumber and red bell pepper, add to a fine mesh strainer, place over a plate or bowl, salt with 1/4 tsp salt, and toss to coat evenly. Set aside to sweat out excess water.
- Prep cabbage (should be about 1/4″ chop), jalapeno, and onions. Drain cashews.
- To a food processor, add garlic, green onions, spinach, jalapeno, nutritional yeast, cilantro, cashews, ground black pepper, remaining salt, vinegar, and lime juice. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, then run continuously while slowly adding the oil. Once all oil has been added, scrape the sides down again and run continuously until smooth and emulsified. Add half of cabbage, pulse until cabbage chunks are about half size, and scrape. Add remaining cabbage and pulse 3-4 times to break up slightly. This mixture will be very thick but will be thinned out as the cucumber and bell pepper release liquid.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, press excess liquid out of the cucumber and pepper mixture, then add to the bowl. Stir to combine fully. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes and stir before serving. Serve as a dip, on tacos or nachos, or mix with shredded lettuce in a salad.
Refrigerate in a glass container up to four days, stirring immediately before use.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 CUP) – Calories: 82.9, Fat: 5.6, Saturated Fat: .6g, Trans Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 75mg, Potassium: 210mg Carbohydrates: 6.1g total/4.4g net, Fiber: 1.7g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 2.9g, Vitamin A: 15%, Vitamin C: 57% Calcium: 2.5%, Iron: 5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: GUACAMOLE, GUACANOLE, AVOCADO-FREE GUACAMOLE, PLANT-BASED, GUACAMOLE DIP, SOY-FREE, PALEO, VEGAN, KETO, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, GUACAMOLE ALTERNATIVE, LOW-FAT, CHOLESTEROL-FREE, DIPS, PARTY FOOD, HEALTHY SNACKS