This Blackberry and Pomegranate Dressing may be our favorite ever. It goes perfectly with our Daring Blackberry and Pomegranate Salad or with leafy greens mixed with berries, apples, or citrus of your choice. Crisp, tangy, and refreshing with a hint of sweetness, this dressing is a must try when summertime berries are cheap and plentiful. If you don’t have Lakanto maple flavored syrup, pure maple syrup will also work.Print
Blackberry and Pomegranate Dressing
Our crisp and refreshing Blackberry and Pomegranate Dressing is perfect for summertime salads.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings 1x
- 1/2 cup ripe blackberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lakanto maple flavored syrup
- 1/8 tsp ground yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Add the pomegranate arils, blackberries, and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium heat then reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, mash with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- While berries are simmering, add olive oil, vinegar, Lakanto syrup, mustard powder, pepper, and a pinch of salt to a bullet blender cup and set aside.
- Once berry mixture is cool enough, strain into the oil and vinegar mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pressing firmly to extract as much juice as possible (should be just over 1/4 cup juice). Blend until well combined and transfer to an airtight glass jar. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (2 TBSP) – Calories: 112, Fat: 10.6g, Saturated Fat: .8, Polyunsaturated Fat: .8g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7.2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 67mg, Potassium: 22mg, Carbohydrates: 3.8g total/2g net, Fiber: 1.8g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: .3g, Vitamin A: .6%, Vitamin C: 6.7%, Calcium: .5%, Iron: .5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Plant-Based
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: BLACKBERRY AND POMEGRANATE DRESSING, SALAD DRESSING, GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN, BERRY SALAD DRESSING, POMEGRANATE SALAD DRESSING, PLANT-BASED, BLACKBERRIES, POMEGRANATE, BLACKBERRIES, VINAIGRETTE, VEGETARIAN, SUMMER SALAD DRESSING, #LAKANTOSWEETENED