Sweet blackberries and spicy fresh mint get a lift from a splash of lemon for a light summer drink in our Blackberry Mint Mocktail. Seltzer water adds a refreshing fizz without the salt or sugar found in club soda and tonic water. For a mojito version, try it with lime instead.Print
Blackberry Mint Mocktail
- 10 ripe blackberries
- 1–2 large mint leaves (to preference)
- 1 cup plain seltzer water
- 1 tsp homemade simple syrup*
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Ice cubes to fill a large glass
- Fill a large cocktail glass with ice.
- Muddle blackberries, mint, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Add 1/4 cup seltzer and shake gently for 10 seconds, then let sit for a minute or two. Shake again and strain over the ice in the prepared glass, pressing through a fine mesh strainer.
- Top off with remaining seltzer and garnish with berries, lemon slice and mint leaves if desired.
*To make homemade simple syrup, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener to a low boil, stirring until completely dissolved. Cool, transfer to a mason jar, and store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Some separation will occur. Shake before using and strain if necessary.
Keywords: MOCKTAIL, MOCKTAILS, NON-ALCOHOLIC DRINKS, SUMMER DRINKS, COOLERS, REFRESHING DRINKS, COCKTAILS, COLD BEVERAGES, SUGAR-FREE, PALEO, BLACKBERRY, BLACKBERRIES, MINT, LEMON