Crunchy Cassava Coconut Tortilla Chips seasoned to perfection or classically salted and ready for your favorite salsa, guacamole, or Pico de Gallo recipe. We’re not sure how to improve on the previous sentence except to say there’s a sweet cinnamon version of these, too. Paleo-compliant, gluten-free, blah, blah, blah…go forth and crunch.Print
For the Chips
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Cassava Flour
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Anthony’s Tapioca Flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water, divided
For the Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinches of garlic powder and ground black pepper
Mixing the Dough
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and salt with a whisk, then add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons oil. Stir immediately with a rubber spatula, then finish mixing with hands. The dough will be crumbly but should hold together in a ball. If necessary, add reserved warm water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Form one large ball of dough, then cut in half with a large sharp knife. Place the halves cut side down and cut in half again. Repeat once more with the quarters and you will have a total of 8 equal pieces of dough. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place back in the bowl.
- Place two nonstick pans over medium-low heat to preheat.
- Use a tortilla press or roll each dough ball between sheets of parchment, as thin as possible, about 7 inches in diameter. Make all the tortillas at once, leaving them between the parchment in a stack.
Cooking the Tortillas
- Transfer one tortilla from the parchment paper to each pan and cook until browned, then flip and cook other side. The key here is slow and low. We need to cook out as much moisture as possible for crispy chips. Place cooked tortillas on a cooling rack so they continue to lose moisture as they cool.
- When you’re down to two raw tortillas to go, preheat oven to 400 degrees F with oven racks in center position and one above center. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment and place the reserved tablespoon of avocado oil in a small bowl (for brushing the chips).
- Prepare the seasoning mixture in a small bowl or just use salt if preferred.
Baking the Chips
- Once all tortillas are cooked cut each round into 4 to 6 triangles (to preference) and transfer to the prepared sheets. Brush lightly with the oil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove both pans and flip all chips. Lightly brush with remaining oil and immediately season after brushing, either with the seasoning mixture or a generous pinch of salt. Rotate the pans between the racks when returning to the oven, and bake for another 5-7 minutes, checking frequently. Thinner chips will finish faster.
- Remove as needed and transfer to cooling rack. Continue until all chips are crispy and allow to cool on the rack almost completely before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Snacks, Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top and Baking
Keywords: TORTILLA CHIPS, GRAIN-FREE, CASSAVA COCONUT, GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO, BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS, VEGAN