Following the success of our Zucchini Tots, we decided to make a cauliflower version.
That is all. You’re welcome.Print
- 2 cups riced fresh cauliflower, packed
- 2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Anthony’s arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives, packed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break a medium head of cauliflower into uniform pieces and pulse in a food processor to rice, then measure 2 packed cups.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat and add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and cauliflower rice. Cook 2-3 minutes then add the garlic and stir to combine. Cook another 3-4 minutes until the rice befins to soften. Remove from heat and transfer in small batchs to a potato ricer, clean cotton towel or cheesecloth to squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Place squeezed cauliflower in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- In another bowl, combine salt, pepper, coconut and arrowroot flours, and nutritional yeast.
- Measure cheese and chives and add to cooled cauliflower then beat two eggs and fold into the cauliflower and cheese mixture. Add the dry ingredients and combine fully. Let rest 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is resting, use remaining teaspoon of oil to grease a non-stick metal 24-well mini muffin tin (or two 12-well tins).
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 24 wells and press down firmly to pack. There should be just enough mixture to fill the wells without spilling over.
- Bake on center rack for 20 minutes. The tots will be golden brown on top and a deeper brown around the sides. Watch closely after 15 minutes so cheese does not burn.
- Remove from oven and immediately go around the edges of each well with a knife or toothpick to separate the tot from the sides of the tin. Let sit about 5 minutes before attempting to remove the tots. They need some time to finish off and firm up.
- Transfer to a serving platter or plates and s serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Snacks, Appetizers, Sides
- Method: Baking
Keywords: CAULIFLOWER, CAULIFLOWER RICE, CAULIFLOWER TOTS, LOW-CARB, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, HEALTHY TATER TOTS, HEALTHY SNACKS, QUICK MEALS, APPETIZERS, SIDES