Our Cilantro-Lime Chicken is extremely versatile and can be served hot or cold. It’s great with cauliflower rice, in salads, and we even used it to make an amazing grain-free chicken enchilada pizza.
The best part is that the chicken and marinade can be mixed ahead of time and frozen for easy meal prep later on. Even after being frozen for several weeks, the chicken comes out tender and juicy. It doesn’t get much easier than this.Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, divided lobe and tip
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 1–2 tbsp dried cilantro, to taste)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Generous pinch cayenne pepper (or chipotle chile powder for a smoky flavor)
- Pinch salt
For the Marinade
- Combine everything but chicken in a quart-sized zip-top freezer bag.
- Add chicken, remove excess air and seal, and massage to coat evenly. Marinate at least an hour, preferably overnight.
For the Chicken
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. Place chicken on the rack and bake until internal temperature is 160 degrees F (be sure to check the thickest part of each piece), 25-30 minutes. Discard the leftover marinade.
- Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes, then serve.
Chicken can be grilled or baked.
Defrost frozen chicken and marinade overnight in refrigerator.
Refrigerate cooked chicken in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Keywords: cilantro lime chicken, cilantro, lime, chicken, baked chicken, grilled chicken, paleo, keto, grain-free, gluten-free