- 5 ripe Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, deveined and deseeded then diced
- Juice of one medium lime, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp each salt and ground black pepper, more to taste
- Prep all vegetables and toss to combine a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then taste. Add more lime juice, salt, and/or pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Can be refrigerated in an airtight container (preferably glass) 3-4 days, but the tomatoes will release liquid. Toss and drain off any excess liquid before using refrigerated mixture as a dip (it’s great in salads, though).
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 CUP) – Calories: 11, Fat: 0, Saturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 39, Potassium: 113mg Carbohydrates:2.6g total/2g net, Fiber: .6g, Sugar: 1.3g, Protein: .5g, Vitamin A: 7.7%, Vitamin C: 12.5% Calcium: .5%, Iron: .8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer, Sauces, Dips
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Classic Pico de Gallo, Healthy Pico de Gallo, gluten-free, grain-free, Fresh Pico de Gallo, paleo, whole30