Substantial enough to fill you up and totally portable, our Cranberry Walnut Breakfast Bars are sweetened by fruit and Lakanto, paleo-compliant, and vegan. These freezer-friendly bars are easy to make ahead of time and store in single-serve portions for breakfast or a snack on the run.Print
Cranberry Walnut Breakfast Bars
- 5 large dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened applesauce (1 single-serve 4 oz cup)
- 3/4 c Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/3 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened or homemade dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Vegan Baking Chips
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Tapioca Flour
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Line a metal 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with parchment paper (bottom and sides so the paper is taller than the pan sides), set oven rack to center position, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain the liquid and add dates to a food processor. Add applesauce, almond butter, almond milk, vanilla, Lakanto sweetener, and a pinch of salt to the food processor and pulse until dates are smooth and the wet ingredients are well combined.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the tapioca flour, almond flour, baking soda, and cinnamon (if using). Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
- Add the coconut, walnuts, Lily’s chips and cranberries and stir to combine, then spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and center is set. It took 25 minutes in our 8×8 pan, but a 9×9 pan may go faster since the batter won’t be as deep.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then carefully lift by the parchment paper and transfer to a cooling rack. Once fully cooled, fold the sides of the parchment down and make four evenly spaced slices from side to side. Turn 90 degrees and make three evenly spaces slices, which will create a total of 12 bars. Use a plastic knife for clean, crumble-free cuts.
Wrap bars individually or place bars with parchment between layers in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.
To freeze, individually wrap bars in plastic then stack in a zip top freezer bag and store up to 3 months.
Keywords: BREAKFAST BARS, PALEO BREAKFAST BARS, VEGAN, CRANBERRY, CHOCOLATE, SUGAR-FREE, FREEZER FRIENDLY, MEAL PREP, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED