This Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing and Dip is awesome on fish tacos, and as a veggie dip. Serve with Cassava Coconut Tortilla Chips or Tex-Mex plantain chips and fresh pico de gallo, and it’s a hit at parties.Print
- 1 7-oz container Fage 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves and short stems, tightly packed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp finely diced fresh jalapeno
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch each of onion powder and ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except for yogurt in a food processor and pulse until well combined (enough to break up the avocado chunks and cilantro leaves).
- Add yogurt and continue to pulse, scraping down sides as needed, until only small chunks of avocado and cilantro remain.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keeps in an airtight container up to 3 days, Stir before using/serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dressings, Dips
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: avocado, cilantro, salad dressing, dip, low-fat, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, Tex-Mex, Greek yogurt, high protein