Ya know that marshmallow cream cheese fruit dip people have been pushing on you since child hood? No more. You’re an adult, and you deserve to discover the fig outside of a cookie. This Creamy Fig and Walnut Spread is the bomb.
Say it with us, “I’ll never buy that fluff in a jar again!” Right on.Print
Creamy Fig and Walnut Spread
- 8 dried figs, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese (or full-fat cream cheese), softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 tsp Swerve Brown Sweetener, packed
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add the Swerve, salt, and figs to a food processor and pulse until minced.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the Neufchâtel cheese with a hand mixer at low-medium speed, then add the fig mixture and 1/4 cup walnuts. Mix on low until combined, then transfer to a small bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 30 minutes).
- To serve, roll the cheese mixture onto the plastic wrap and shape into a ball, then place the remaining 1/4 cup walnuts on a large plate and roll the cheese ball in the nuts.
- Plate and serve, garnished with additional walnuts, if desired.
Serve with sliced fruit, jicama, celery or carrot sticks, crackers, lox and bagels, etc.
Keywords: fruit spread, cream cheese, figs, party food, walnuts, fruit dip, sugar-free, gluten-free, grain-free