Our Cucumber Radish Salad with Chickpeas combines cool cumbers, peppery radishes and earthy chickpeas with an oil-free dressing that will knock your socks off. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or dress it up with sprouts or radish microgreens for a dinner party. Why are you still here? You could be eating this by now!Print
Our quick and easy Cucumber Radish Salad with Chickpeas is perfect for weeknights or a crowd.
For the Salad
- 1 large English Cucumber
- 4 radishes
- 1 can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups prepared chickpeas)
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp Lakanto Classic Sweetener (to preference)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp yellow mustard seeds (or about 1/16 tsp yellow mustard powder)
If Serving Now
- Combine all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Use a spiralizer with a ribbon attachment or a mandolin to thinly slice the cucumber and radishes.
- If serving immediately, add chickpeas and all prepared vegetables to a large bowl, add dressing and toss. Transfer to a large serving bowl and serve.
If Prepping Ahead
- Up to an hour ahead of serving, combine all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Use a spiralizer with a ribbon attachment or a mandolin to thinly slice the cucumber and radishes. Place into separate bowls (the cucumbers will give off quite a bit of liquid) and add two tablespoons of dressing to each bowl. Toss, cover, and refrigerate.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place in a bowl, thinly slice the onion and add to the chickpeas. Top with remaining dressing, then toss, cover, and refrigerate.
- Drain excess liquid from cucumbers when ready to serve, toss all ingredients together, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Best eaten same day. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight glass container up to two days. Shake from side to side to get the chickpeas to the bottom. The cucumbers will continue to give off liquid and keeping the chickpeas on the bottom will help the cucumbers and radishes stay crisp longer.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 97.6, Fat: 1.3, Saturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 154mg, Potassium: 163.5mg Carbohydrates: 17g total/14.4g net, Fiber: 2.7g, Sugar: 2.2g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 2%, Vitamin C: 7% Calcium: 3%, Iron: 7% (based on 2,000 calorie diet.
Keywords: CUCUMBER SALAD, RADISH SALAD, PLANT-BASED, CHICKPEA SALAD, VEGAN, PICKLED, PLANT PROTEIN, OIL-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGETARIAN, GRAIN-FREE, LOW-FAT, HEALTHY SALADS, CHOLESTEROL-FREE