Every ingredient in our Daring Blackberry Pomegranate Salad comes together to create the perfect bite and the dressing is one of our favorite things. You should go make this now.
If you’re on the fence about trying plant-based chicken, we don’t blame you, but HEAR US OUT – Daring is ridiculously delicious. These folks have cracked the code. It’s the only plant-based chicken we’ve tried that truly passes the texture test and the flavor is unmatched – just like roasted chicken. Unlike most plant-based chicken, Daring’s Original recipe is gluten-free. Find it in your area here (we are not affiliated with the company in any way, we just dig their stuff).Print
- 1 8-ounce package Daring Original Plant Chicken Pieces, cooked
- 8 cups spring mix, mixed greens, or lettuce mix of your choice
- 2 1/2 cups ripe blackberries, divided
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils, divided
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels (roasted/lightly salted), measured then chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lakanto maple flavored syrup
- 1/8 tsp ground yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- To a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup pomegranate arils, 1/2 cup blackberries, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a low boil over medium heat then reduce to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, mash with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- While berries are simmering, add olive oil, vinegar, Lakanto syrup, mustard powder, pepper, and a pinch of salt to a bullet blender cup and set aside.
- Prepare the Daring according to package instructions.
- While the Daring is cooking, divide lettuce/greens, blackberries, pomegranate arils, and pistachios between four large salad bowls. Strain the berry mixture into the oil and vinegar mixture through a fine mesh sieve, pressing firmly to extract as much juice as possible (should be just over 1/4 cup juice). Blend until well combined, and transfer to a small pourable jar or dish with a spoon for serving.
- Divide cooked Daring between the bowls and serve immediately with dressing on the side.
If cooking for less than four, prepare dressing ahead of time, then cook Daring and assemble salads as desired.
Dressing can be refrigerated in a glass airtight container up to five days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE WITH 2 TBSP DRESSING PER SERVING) – Calories: 294, Fat: 17.4g, Saturated Fat: 1.3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .8g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7.2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 437.6mg, Potassium: 448g, Carbohydrates: 23.5g total/10.6g net, Fiber: 12.9g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 15g, Vitamin A: 30%, Vitamin C: 60%, Calcium: 13%, Iron: 25% (based on 2,000 calorie diet, calculated with spring mix for greens).
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE UNDRESSED) – Calories: 182, Fat: 6.8g, Saturated Fat: .5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 370mg, Potassium: 426g, Carbohydrates: 19.7g total/8.6g net, Fiber: 11.1g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 14.5g, Vitamin A: 29%, Vitamin C: 52.5%, Calcium: 12%, Iron: 24.7% (based on 2,000 calorie diet, calculated with spring mix for greens).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Plant-Based
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: DARING PLANT CHICKEN PIECES, BLACKBERRY AND POMEGRANATE DRESSING, DARING CHICKEN, GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN, BERRY SALAD, MEATLESS, POMEGRANATE SALAD DRESSING, PLANT-BASED, BLACKBERRIES, POMEGRANATE, BLACKBERRIES, VINAIGRETTE, VEGETARIAN, SUMMER SALAD DRESSING, #LAKANTOSWEETENED