Pumpkin season is upon us once again and we’re continuing to add to our extensive pumpkin recipe collection with Easy Paleo Pumpkin Bread. Quick breads rule because they’re easy to make and truly live up to their name. Grain-free quick breads can be pretty dense, but sifting the dry ingredients is a simple way to fluff the mixture up a bit for a great texture. Make this on a Sunday afternoon (your house will smell fantastic) and enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or dessert throughout the week. Try it with our pumpkin butter.Print
Easy Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- 1 3/4 cups Anthony’s Blanched Almont Flour, packed and leveled
- 1/4 cup Anthony’s Tapioca Flour, packed and leveled
- 2 tbsp Anthony’s Coconut Flour, packed and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, packed and leveled
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk (from a can), room temperature
- 3 tbsp Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw shelled pumpkin seeds/pepitas (optional)
- 1 tsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Set oven rack to one level above center position and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×5 metal loaf pan with parchment (leave excess parchment paper sticking up over the sides to lift the loaf out after baking).
- Dry Mix: Place a flour sifter into a large mixing bowl and add dry ingredients in order listed. Slowly sift into bowl.
- Wet Mix: In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well, then whisk in all remining wet mix ingredients.
- Slowly pour dry mix into wet mix while continuing to whisk gently, just until combined. Do not overmix. Remove whisk and use a silicone spatula to scrape sides and bottom of bowl, folding the batter to make sure there are no pockets of flour. Transfer to prepared ban and let rest 5 minutes.
- While batter is resting, combine a teaspoon of Golden Lakanto and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the batter. If desired, sprinkle two tablespoons of pepitas over the top of the batter, pressing down slightly to set.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-65 minutes. A toothpick should come out of the center clean. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes then use excess parchment to lift and transfer to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely (2-3 hours) before removing parchment. Yeah, we know it’s killing you not to slice into this thing right now, but the loaf will continue cooking and firming up in the center until fully cooled.
Cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to five days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 SLICE 1/10 OF LOAF WITH PEPITAS) – Calories: 182, Fat: 13.2, Saturated Fat: 2.3, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .6g, Monounsaturated Fat: .9g, Cholesterol: 55.8mg, Sodium: 30.2mg, Potassium: 249.3mg Carbohydrates:11.2g total/7.7g net, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 2.3g, Protein: 7.2g, Vitamin A: 77.9%, Vitamin C: 1.8% Calcium: 7%, Iron: 9.6% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 SLICE 1/10 OF LOAF WITHOUT PEPITAS) – Calories: 173.7, Fat: 12.5, Saturated Fat: 2.2, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .3g, Monounsaturated Fat: .6g, Cholesterol: 55.8mg, Sodium: 30mg, Potassium: 237.6mg Carbohydrates: 11.g total/7.6g net, Fiber: 3.4g, Sugar: 2.3g, Protein: 6.8g, Vitamin A: 77.9%, Vitamin C: 1.8% Calcium: 6.9%, Iron: 9% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: PUMPKIN BREAD, PALEO PUMPKIN BREAD, GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BREAD, SUGAR-FREE PUMPKIN BREAD, PUMPKIN, PSL, #LAKANTOSWEETENED, PUMPKIN SPICE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE