Sautéed Swiss chard is an easy and nutritious side dish you can work in any time of day. We picked up a fresh bunch from a local farmers market and enjoyed some quick and Easy Swiss Chard with farm fresh eggs for breakfast. Check out all our culinary adventures in our Eat Local Series.Print
Easy Swiss Chard
- 1 large bunch fresh Swiss Chard (6 firmly packed cups of chopped leaves, plus stems)
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic chili sauce (more if you like it hot)
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- Pinches of salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Trim the ends of the stalks, then remove stalks from the leaves. Slice stalks crosswise into 1/4″ slices (like celery) and set aside. Stack the leaves, then roll and slice into 1 to 1 1/2″ thick ribbons and add to a large bowl.
- Combine garlic chili sauce and a teaspoon of the oil and drizzle over the leaves in the large bowl. Toss to coat, then sprinkle with coriander, and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add the garlic and sliced stalks. Stir frequently, cooking for about 30 seconds, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for one minute. Add the seasoned leaves and toss, then cover and cook until the leaves are wilted to your preferred texture (we like ’em with a little crunch), 2-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately as a side dish to the protein of your choice. Great with eggs and a splash of sriracha.
*Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 93, Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 506mg, Potassium: 1442g, Carbohydrates: 11.1g total/5.5g net, Fiber: 5.6g, Sugar: 2.9g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 321%, Vitamin C: 80%, Calcium: 11.7%, Iron: 33% (based on 2,000 calorie diet). * Chard recipe only, does not include protein.
Keywords: SWISS CHARD, SAUTEED SWISS CHARD, GARLIC, VEGAN, KETO, PALEO, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, FARMERS MARKET, LOCAL PRODUCE, EAT LOCAL, HEALTHY EATING, HEALTHY SNACKS