We combined our crispy Italian socca crust with Cilantro Lime Chicken and our homemade No-Fry Refried Beans and Grain-Free Enchilada Sauce to make this amazing Grain-Free Chicken Enchilada Pizza. Who knew?
This recipe makes two individual-sized pizzas, which are a meal for two people on their own. Serve half of each pizza with a side salad, pico de gallo, and guacamole and this recipe easily feeds four. Finally, this serves up to eight as an appetizer with shredded lettuce and toppings.Print
For the Socca
- 1 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour, packed
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour, packed
- 1/3 cup room temperature water
- 1 tbsp plus 1-2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Generous pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch cumin
For the Toppings
- 4 ounces shredded Cilantro Lime Chicken (or any cooked chicken, shredded)
- 1/4 cup homemade refried beans
- 1/4 cup homemade grain-free enchilada sauce
- 2–3 ounces shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, Oaxaca, mozzarella, etc.)
- Optional: Serve with guacamole or pico de gallo
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all dry socca ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add water and a tablespoon of the olive oil and mix with a rubber spatula. The mixture will be very crumbly until the liquid soaks into the flour. Keep working the dough until it comes together. It will be firm and heavy.
- Divide prepared dough into two equal parts and roll into balls. Wrap tightly in plastic and rest at room temperature 10-15 minutes.
- Place rested dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll or press to form 7-inch rounds. Our tortilla press was fantastic for this – just don’t make it as thin as a tortilla. The dough should be between 1/8-1/4″ thick and is very delicate. Carefully transfer rounds on their existing parchment to a large baking sheet (trim parchment if necessary, once on the baking sheet). Brush with remaining 1-2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove and set oven to low broil. While the socca is baking, heat the refried beans, chicken and enchilada sauce.
- As soon as socca is removed from oven, divide the refried beans between the two socca rounds and spread into a thin layer. Top with shredded chicken and cheese, and return to oven to broil for 2-3 minutes, watching constantly to avoid burning the dough.
- Remove as soon as cheese melts, drizzle with enchilada sauce, and cut each round into four pieces. Serve immediately as a main course or appetizer.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Entree, Appetizer, Weeknight Meals
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: grain-free pizza, socca pizza, enchilada sauce, cilantro-lime chicken, Tex-Mex, gluten-free, appetizer