We’re not going to lie, baking grain-free bread from scratch every week is a major time suck and it’s difficult to make only what you need. We tried a lot of test recipes for Grain-Free English Muffins, both microwave and oven versions, all of which fell short of our expectations. In the end, we developed this gem, and determined that a combination of flours was in order. Microwaving produced the best results, so you can enjoy this single-serve English muffin in just a few minutes.Print
Grain-Free English Muffins
Grain-Free English Muffins in under 5 minutes.
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3 Slices 1x
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp liquid egg whites
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Anthony’s Tiger Nut Flour
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Anthony’s Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Anthony’s Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all dry ingredients in a 4-inch ramekin or large microwave-safe mug that has a flat bottom.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate mug or measuring cup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly. Make sure to go around the edges with a rubber spatula to avoid any air or flour pockets.
- Microwave for 80-90 seconds (depending on microwave wattage), then let sit for one minute.
- Run a knife around the edge of the ramekin or mug, then flip to release. Turn the muffin on its side and slice in half or into thirds (thinner slices are better for sandwiches), then immediately toast in a toaster oven. The slices will still be steaming, which will keep the inside moist while the outside toasts. Cool muffins will toast faster.
When measuring, pack and level all flours. Makes three generous slices.
We use Anthony’s Goods Flours unless otherwise specified. Why? We dig outstanding quality, value, and predictable results, and Anthony’s consistently delivers. Your liquid to flour ratio will vary with other brands.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 SLICE – 1/3 RECIPE) – Calories: 95, Fat: 7.2g, Saturated Fat: .2.7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 74mg, Potassium: 103mg, Carbohydrates: 3.4g total/2.4g net, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: .8, Protein: 1.8, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 3.4%, Iron: 2.5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 2
- Category: Breakfast, Bread
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: BREAKFAST, PALEO, LOW-CARB, ENGLISH MUFFIN, QUICK ENGLISH MUFFIN, MICROWAVE ENGLISH MUFFIN, QUICK BREAKFAST
3 thoughts on “Grain-Free English Muffins”