Grain-Free Herb Crackers
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, packed
- 6 tbsp coconut flour, packed
- 2 tbsp tiger nut flour, packed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- Place oven racks in top two positions and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add flours, flaxseed meal, salt, and seasonings to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add eggs and oil and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to combine, then finish the dough with your hands until you have a large ball of heavy dough.
- Divide into two smaller balls and place one of the balls between two sheets of parchment paper. Press, then roll to between 1/8″ and 1/4″ thickness – the key is to have a uniform thickness, so the crackers bake evenly. A thinner cracker will also be crispier.
- Trim rough edges and return this scrap dough to the bowl. Cut the trimmed dough into desired 2-3″ shapes (diamonds, triangles, or squares are easy) and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Since there is no leavening agent, the crackers will not spread while baking and can be placed close together.
- Repeat with second dough ball and scrap dough. Roll the scrap dough to desired thickness and cut roughly. These pieces are good for “quality control”.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, if desired, and bake until light golden brown around edges and on the bottom, 12-20 minutes, depending on how your oven runs. Rotate racks and turn trays after 8 minutes and watch closely after 12. The thickness of your crackers will dictate baking time.
Transfer baked crackers to a cooking rack. Crackers will not fully crisp up until cooled.
Store at room temperature in zip top bags with air removed for up to a week. Freeze in zip top bags up to a month – you may need to crisp up after extended freezing duration but storing these in the freezer is the only way we keep from eating them all.
Keywords: crackers, keto, paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, party food, thyme, basil